music changes young people’s lives
FOSYM Awards and Grant Applications
Please refer to the FOSYM Award Guidance Document on our publications page to check your eligibility for FOSYM financial support, or contact FOSYM via our enquiries email for more information.
FOSYM can help towards the cost of activities such as:
- Regular instrumental or vocal lessons for a set period of time;
- Membership of a music group or ensemble;
- Purchase of instruments or music-related equipment;
- Sheet music for an exam or course;
- An instrumental or vocal exam entry;
- Attendance at a music audition or interview for a music course at a College or University;
- Attendance at a Masterclass or short course that will help musical development;
- Attendance at a concert or musical event that will enhance learning.
Find out what your donation can do
FOSYM makes Grants to Staffordshire Schools and actively seeks other funding streams to support music activities and projects in schools
FOSYM makes Grants to Staffordshire Music Centres for a variety of activities to support music making in local areas.
To apply for FOSYM financial support or for more details please contact Entrust Music Service Staffordshire, who administer awards and grants on FOSYM’s behalf.
ENTRUST MUSIC SERVICE CONTACT DETAILS
Telephone: 0333 300 1900 and ask to speak to the Music Service Team about FOSYM Awards and Grants.
Parents/ Carers will need to be able to give the following information when making contact:
- Name of child, name of school your child attends.
- Parent/carers email address, parent/carers contact telephone number.
FOSYM is grateful for generous financial support from:
THE LAVEY FUND
The Lavey Fund was established by the Bebbington family who are valued members of FOSYM. Young aspiring instrumentalists continue to be supported in the Staffordshire Young Musician of the Year Instrumental Competition and other events.
THE MURFIN FUND FOR PERCUSSION
The Murfin Fund was established in 2018 by a generous gift in memory of Paul Murfin, a percussionist and Staffordshire teacher. It is being used to support young percussionists to obtain special tuition.
The Taylor Family - in memory of John and Margaret
The John W R Taylor Memorial Fund was established in 2012 in memory of a former Staffordshire Director of Music, at the behest of his widow, Mrs Margaret M Hassall BEM, who is a Patron of FOSYM. Young aspiring singers continue to be supported in the Staffordshire Young Musician of the Year Vocal Competition.